Updated: Jan 23
If you love Olive Garden, but not the over indulgence, here is an alternative option I think you'll love. Just switching up a few ingredients can take your favorite meal to a healthier version.
Olive Garden Copy-Cat healthy version
Baked Shrimp Penne
1lb Uncooked Large shrimp
1 box Banza Penne pasta
1 bag Frozen Broccoli cuts
6 Tbsp Real butter
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1 Cup cherry tomatos cut in half
1 Tsp Parsley
16 oz Low fat Sour Cream
2 Tbsp Lemon juice
1/4 Cup Parmesan + 2 Tbsp for topping
Salt and Pepper to taste
8X8 Baking dish
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
* While oven preheats, prepare pasta to package instructions, reducing cook time by 1 minute. Drain pasta, cover, and set aside.
*Make Frozen Broccoli cuts per package instructions.
* Pour 1 tbsp melted butter in the bottom of a 8x8 deep baking dish. Add uncooked, thawed shrimp and pour lemon juice on top of shrimp. Sprinkle parsley on top, then toss to coat.
Shrimp should line the bottom of the dish in an even layer.
* Cook shrimp in the oven for 9-13 minutes or until pink.
* While shrimp cooks in oven, add garlic to a medium sauce pan and sauté, add 4 Tbsp of butter to garlic and melt, then add sour cream and bring mixture to a low boil. Cook cream for 5 minutes, whisking constantly to avoid boiling over. After 5 minutes, add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and salt + pepper to taste. Bring mixture to low boil again just to melt parmesan cheese, continuing to whisk, and cook for another 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
* Add cooked pasta to cream sauce and then toss to coat. If shrimp is still cooking, cover and set aside pasta until shrimp is done.
* Once shrimp is done, combine shrimp, pasta and broccoli into the deep 8x8 baking dish, Finish off by adding cherry tomatoes, & 1-2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
* Bake pasta dish for 10 minutes or until cheese looks slightly melted and tomatoes are tender.
* Let parmesan baked shrimp cool for 5 minutes before serving
-Save this recipe for later on Pinterest!